Divorcing in Essex County?
Experienced & Responsive Representation
Whether you’ve been planning a divorce for years or have been recently served with divorce papers, it’s time to enlist the help of an Essex County attorney. At Rudolf A. Jaworski Jr. PC, we’ve been serving clients from our office in Danvers for over 40 years. Our compassionate and responsive staff can help guide you through this challenging time. We can effectively moderate cases that need to be litigated and settle those that can be amicably resolved. We aim to provide you with a cost-effective solution that ensures you’re ready for the next step in your life.
Contested & Uncontested Divorce in MA
There are two types of divorce, contested and uncontested. Whether you agree on the terms of your divorce will determine which one you will file for.
A contested divorce will be filed if you and your spouse cannot come to an agreement on all terms. These terms include various issues including child support, custody, and division of property. Contested divorces may take longer since they require a court hearing and a discovery phase.
Uncontested divorces are faster and more convenient for couples who agree on all terms. These types of divorces take roughly 90 days to finalize after the judge signs the judgment of divorce.
Fault & No-Fault Divorce in Massachusetts
For couples filing for a no-fault divorce, it can be a 1A or 1B divorce. A 1A divorce is when both spouses agree that the marriage is broken, and they have already come to an agreement for issues surrounding child custody, support, and alimony. A 1B divorce is when only one spouse believes the marriage is broken and the same terms mentioned are not agreed upon.
In a fault divorce, the spouse asking for the divorce must prove one of the following grounds:
- Desertion or abandonment
- A prison sentence of at least 5 years
- Habits of intoxication
Understanding Your Divorce Proceedings
Filing for divorce can be an extremely challenging time. Not only is it the end of a union, but in many cases, it’s the start of a difficult time where assets need to be divided and your future can be impacted. Because of this, working with an attorney is the best way to ensure a successful split for all parties.
We can help clarify your rights and address concerns such as:
- The tax and financial implications of various property division scenarios
- Who is responsible for the mortgage, health insurance, child care, and more
- Which party is able to retain the family home
- Who will have primary physical custody
- Alimony and child support requirements
Additionally, our Essex County divorce attorney can help you file a temporary order in order to protect you during your separation and ensure all proceedings are moving efficiently.
Finding the Right Solution for Your Family
Not every marriage needs to end in divorce. At Rudolf A. Jaworski Jr. PC, we do our best to find a legal avenue for you and your family’s future. We can help guide you through:
- Mediation: To avoid litigation, working with a neutral party to mediate the situation is key. This will ensure a long-term relationship with your ex-spouse and ensure all assets are divided to everyone’s satisfaction.
- Legal Separation: For couples that are not fully committed to divorce, a legal separation may be the best option. While it gives you the same benefits, the marriage is not dissolved entirely.
- Annulment: When a divorce is not enough and you want all records of the union removed, an annulment is the best option. This method will erase the record and effectively make it as if the marriage did not happen.
What Sets Our Firm Apart?
At Rudolf A. Jaworski Jr. PC, we’ve been helping families through divorces for over 40 years. As a reliable Danvers divorce attorney, we understand that every case is different, and all proceedings need to be handled with compassion and reliability. Our staff is highly responsive and will always be available to help without creating issues that add to your expenses. While our goal is to find an amicable solution for all parties, if litigation is needed, you can count on our experienced lawyer to help you every step of the way.
Call (978) 307-7087 to schedule a consultation and let our firm assist you through the legal process.
Results You Can Count On
We will work tirelessly to get the best possible outcome for your case.
Our core principles are to provide honesty, integrity, and compassion to every client.
Personalized Legal Services
We create a comfortable atmosphere by providing personalized service to each case.
Free Phone Consultation
Don't wait, contact our firm to schedule a consultation today.